Here comes the rain again… I can just hear the Erythmics song in my mind as March begins rolling out thunderstorms across the Midwest. I need to get ready to take my girls camping… really soon. We’ve let few people borrow our family tent, and it has several holes that need mending before we take it out for a few nights.
Duck tape and a little needle and thread is all it needs… for now at least. ^_^
I have had several hiking tents over the years, but my small two man really took a beating a few years ago, so time for a new one. There are a lot of new types on the market today… and a lot of new styles.
Check out 1ManTent-8PersonTent.Com for a great selection of specialty tents.
Here is the 3rd Recipe from my book: 101 Camping & Outdoor Recipes. I know you’re goona like this one!
Australian Grilled Fish
4 Fish steaks
1/4 c Lime juice
2 T Vegetable oil
1 t Dijon mustard
2 t Fresh ginger root –,Grated
1/4 t Cayenne pepper
* For the steaks: they should be 8-10 ounces and 1-inch thick each.
Use Swordfish, Halibut or Salmon steaks.
1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger,
cayenne pepper and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your
2. Marinate the fish in the marinade for 45-60 minutes. Turn
steaks 2-3 times.
3. Have the grill prepared with white coals and
brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon oil.
4. Grill the fish, brushing several times with the marinade, until
cooked through and opaque in the center. Turn fish after about 4-5
minutes. Total grilling time will dependon your grill and the heat of
* To broil instead, use a broiler pan brushed with oil and broil until
center is opaque. Will take about 10 minutes total in broiler. Turn
steaks after 5 minutes, and baste often with marinade.